Orange County Government, Florida

Dial 311 On Your Phone...

  • Phone: (407) 836-3111
  • TTY: (407) 836-4250

Spanish Operators And Translators Available

Hours Of Operation

  • Mon - Fri 7 AM - 9 PM
  • Sat - Sun 9 AM - 5 PM
  • Closed on County holidays

Customer Service 311

Frequently asked questions

Animal Services

How long does it take an Animal Services Officer to arrive?
We cannot provide a specific time; Officers are dispatched according to urgency.

What's the difference between the Humane Society/Pet Alliance and Animal Services?
The Humane Society is a national animal related non-profit organization. The local non-profit animal related organization is the Pet Alliance of Orlando. Animal Services is a government agency that enforces County Code to protect citizens and animals.

How much does it cost to adopt an animal?
Animal Services adoption fees are $55 for dogs and $40 for cats. Promotions are frequently offered, find out more at

Who do I call when I need to report a Pet/Animal Issue?
Please dial 311 or (407) 836-3111.

What are the hours of operation?
Animal Services is open weekdays from 10 a.m. through 6 p.m. and weekends from 1 p.m. through 5 p.m.

Emergency & Safety

Where do I go when evacuating with a pet?
Please refer to our list of pet friendly shelters.

Where can I find everything I need during an evacuation or emergency?
Call 311 for information while preparing for (and during the event of) a disaster. Also, (407) 836-3111.


How can I see who's in Jail?
Check our online inmate database.

What do I need to know before I visit someone in jail?
Please refer to the video visitation page.

How do I send mail to an inmate?
Refer to our Sending Mail to Inmates page.

What is the number for the Orange County Sheriff's Office?
(407) 254-7000

Planning & Development

How do I check on the status of a building permit?
Permits & Licenses - Commercial Plan Review - Check Status

Who do I report a County Code infraction to?
Please call 311 or (407) 836-3111.

Where do I go for questions about permits?
Visit our Permits & Licenses page.

Traffic &

Who do I contact if a traffic light isn't working?
Fill out a complaint form or call (407) 836-7777.

How do I go about getting a pothole repaired?
Report potholes to 311 Customer Service (407) 836-3111. Our crews will be out to make the repair within 24 hours.

Water, Garbage &

What is automated residential collection service, and where can I find information about the county’s transition to this new garbage and recycling collection program?
Automated residential collection service will begin in Orange County on January 1, 2016, and consists of two specially designed 95-gallon roll carts: one for garbage and one for recycling. These large roll carts are picked up and emptied by collection vehicles equipped with mechanical arms designed to lift the roll carts, empty the contents directly into the collection vehicle, and return them to the ground.

For all of the details about Orange County’s transition to automated collection service, please visit

Can I get some help pertaining to my water bill?
For all questions about your Water Bill, please refer to the Bill Payment Options page.

How do I stop or change my water service?
Please call (407) 836-5515 or refer to the Water Service page for information about how to stop or change your water service.

What are your hours of operation?
The Orange County Utilities Administration Building is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone service is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at (407) 836-5515. The automated system is available 24/7 at (407) 836-5515. Commercial customers can also visit Orange County's Central "One Stop Shop" Permitting Services Office at 201 South Rosalind Avenue in Downtown Orlando, which is open Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.

Where do I get information on Trash/Debris/Recycling Pick Up, including days?
Please refer to our Curbside Collection page.

How often is my water meter read?
Every 28-35 days.

When will I receive my first water bill?
It normally mails within 4-6 weeks after your service start date. Please call (407) 836-5515 if you do not receive a bill.

Why is my water bill so high?
Some of the most common reasons why a billed amount is higher than normal are leaks on the property, excessive usage, watering the lawn outside of the watering days, or filling a pool.

Can I get an extension on my water bill?
We do not give bill extensions; however, we do make payment arrangements for certain situations. Call us at (407) 836-5515 or visit us in person at the Orange County Utilities Administration Building at 9150 Curry Ford Road (on the southeast corner of Curry Ford Road and Econlockhatchee Trail in east Orlando) to speak with a customer service representative about this service.

My water service was disconnected, and I made my payment today. When will my service be restored?
We do not guarantee same-day service since work is completed on a first-come, first-served basis. We try our best to restore service the same day or no later than 8:00 p.m. the next business day.

How do I find out if water, reclaimed water, or sewer service is available in my area?
Please call the Utilities Customer Service Division at (407) 836-5503.

How do I find out how much it will cost for the County to extend water or sewer service to my home?
Please call the Utilities Customer Service Division at (407) 836-5503.

What number do I call if I am concerned about restoration after an Orange County Utilities repair?
Please call (407) 836-6897 for restoration concerns after a water repair or (407) 836-6818 for concerns after a wastewater or reclaimed water repair.