• Invocation—District 5
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Recognition of the 2006 Employee Academy members
• Presentation of a proclamation designating the month of June as "Caribbean-American Heritage Month"
• Presentation of proclamation designating the year 2006 as "The Year of the Orange County Master Gardener"
I. CONSENT AGENDA
II. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
III. DISCUSSION AGENDA
A. PUBLIC SAFETY
1. Hurricane Update. Page 164
B. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR
1. State of Tourism. Page 165
C. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
1. Selection of one firm and two ranked alternates to provide Engineering Services for the Northwest Water Reclamation Facility Phase III Expansion, Request for
Proposals Y6-809-PH, from the following three firms, listed alphabetically:
• Black & Veatch, Inc.
• Boyle Engineering Corporation
• Tetra Tech, Inc.
([Utilities Engineering Division] Purchasing and Contracts Division) Page
2. Selection of one firm and one alternate to provide Real Estate Representative Services, Request for Proposals Y6-1025-JS, from the following two firms, listed alphabetically:
• CB Richard Ellis, Inc.
• Grubb & Ellis Company
([Real Estate Management Division] Purchasing and Contracts Division) Page
D. COMMUNITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
1. Authorization for the Environmental Protection Officer to serve as the Florida Green Local Government Coordinator and apply for the Florida Green Government designation on behalf of Orange County. All Districts. (Environmental Protection Division) Page 173-174
E. COUNTY COMPTROLLER
1. Limited Review of the Orange County Sheriff's Office's Relationship with the National Domestic Preparedness Coalition, Inc. Page 175
• Presentation of employee service awards to Michael L. Distler (20) MIS, Convention Center; Gwendolyn J. Love (20), Community Corrections, Corrections; Alywin U. Parson (30), Charles E. Mills (30), Roy R. Segrest (25), Michael S. Kelley (25), Operations, Fire Rescue; Pete H. Solomon (20), Vernon J. Carruthers (20), Stephan B. Dodd (20), Roads and Drainage, Public Works; Larry F. Mansfield, Water Reclamation, (30), Dilsaz A. Walji (20), Fiscal and Administration, Utilities.
V. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. Petition to Vacate
1. Applicant: Susan E. Sitkoff; No 06-05, 30-foot-wide right-of-way easement; District 5
2. Special Assessments for one-time-only lot cleaning assessment(s), LC05-186 and LC05-451, District 3-continued from April 18, 2006
C. Substantial Changes
3. Applicant: Marion I. Skilling, Wetherbee Acres Planned Development/Land Use Plan (PD/LUP); amend LUP; District 4
4. Applicant: Alex Weinberg, Watermill Section IV Preliminary Subdivision; amend plan; District 5
5. Applicant: Tom Wood, Lake Reams Neighborhood Planned Development- Sharpe Property Preliminary Subdivision; amend plan; District 1
D. Preliminary Subdivision Plan (PSP)
6. Ginn Property Planned Development Phase 3 Residential Parcel PSP, District 4-continued from April 18, 2006 Public hearing scheduled for 2:30 p.m.
E. Development Review Committee Decision Appeal
7. Appellant/Applicant: Karen Jorgensen, Subdivision Determination 2005-161, District 1-continued from March 7, 2006
F. Planning and Zoning Commission Board-Called
8. Applicant: Michael Holbrook, Royal Estates Planned Development; Case RZ-06-02-025, February 16, 2006; District 1
9. Applicant: Raja Assal, S & C Planned Development; Case RZ-05-05-060, February 16, 2006; District 1
10. Applicant: Andrea D. Peterson, Keene's Point Planned Development; Case RZ-05-09-102, February 16, 2006; District 1
11. Applicant: Michael Grindstaff, Bright House Planned Development; CaseRZ-05-09-118, February 16, 2006; District 1
12. Applicant: Joel A. V. Moon, Jr.; Case RZ-06-02-030, March 16, 2006; District 6
13. Applicant: Fabian Hurtado for William Bolivar; Case RZ-06-02-026, March16, 2006; District 4
G. Preliminary Subdivision Plan (PSP)
14. Palm Cove Estates VI PSP, District 1
H. Substantial Change
15. Applicant: Jim Hall, Lake Eve Planned Development/Land Use Plan (PD/LUP); amend LUP; District 1
I. Board of Zoning Adjustment Board-Called
16. Applicant: Marchena & Graham, PA; Item VA-06-04-012, April 6, 2006;
17. Applicant: Blanca Cintron; Item VA-06-04-008, April 6, 2006; District 3
J. Boat Ramp
18. Applicant: Joseph Kerry Chester, Lake Cane, permit, District 1
K. Conservation Area Impact
19. Applicant: Correct Craft, Inc., after-the-fact permit, District 4