• Invocation - District 1
• Presentation of proclamation honoring the Non-commissioned officers of the United States Army
• Presentation of proclamation designating the week of May 4 through May 10, 2009 as Public Service Recognition Week
• Public Comment*
I. CONSENT AGENDA
II. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS*
III. DISCUSSION AGENDA
A. COMMISSIONERS' REPORTS
1. Commissioner Boyd wishes to discuss the District 1 Gymnasium.
2. Commissioner Brummer wishes to discuss waiver of the Comprehensive Policy Plan Amendment Application fee of $5,871 and Rezoning Application Fee in the amount of $2,730 for the Orlando Marine Institute for property described as Parcel ID# 22-21-28-0000-00-071.
B. UTILITIES DEPARTMENT
1. Update on SMART Irrigation Study. (Water Division)
2. South Florida Water Management District Update. (Water Division)
C. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR
1. Approval of an addendum to the 2007 Tourism Promotion Agreement with the Orlando/Orange County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
2. Appointment of two Board members and two alternates to the 2009 Value Adjustment Board and appointment of one citizen member and one alternate citizen member.
3. Selection of two firms and two ranked alternates to provide GIS Consultant Services - Term Contract, Request for Proposals Y9-106-NW, from the following five firms, listed alphabetically:
• AECOM USA, Inc.
• Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson
• Reynolds, Smith & Hill, Inc.
• Woolpert, Inc.
([Utilities Department Engineering Division] Purchasing and Contracts Division)
•Proclamation: May 7, 2009 as National Day of Prayer
•Proclamation: May 9, 2009 as Henry Nehrling Day
4. Approval of proposed Cultural Facilities project grants as recommended by the Arts & Cultural Affairs Advisory Council in the amount of $991,254. (Arts and Cultural Affairs Office)
5. Update on Workforce Central Florida.
April 2, 2009 Board of Zoning Adjustment Recommendations
V. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. Development Review Committee Appeal
1. Appellant: Harb Brothers, Inc.; Applicant: Tom Harb, Harb Brothers, Inc., Project ABC Planned Development - Grande Plaza NE Quadrant - Tract 8 - Lot 4 Bee Line Center (fka Shoppes at the Lakes) Development Plan,District 4; continued from February 24, 2009
B. Planning and Zoning Commission Board-Called
2. Applicant: William C. Ligato, Ligato Citgo; Case RZ-09-01-001, February 19, 2009; District 6
3. Amending Orange County Code, Chapters 32 and 38, pertaining to Solid Waste Management and hazardous waste - 2nd hearing
D. Substantial Change
4. Applicant: John H. Percy, U.S.I. South Campus PD Planned Development (PD) Land Use Plan (LUP); amend plan; District 6
5. Amending and Repealing Orange County Code, Chapter 9, pertaining to Building and Construction Regulations
F. Substantial Changes
6. Applicant: Judy Stewart of Dave Schmitt Engineering, Inc., Fieldstream Planned Development (PD) Land Use Plan (LUP); amend plan; District 3;
7. Applicant: John Percy, Ginn Property (aka Greeneway Park) Planned Development (PD)/Development of Regional Impact (DRI) Land Use Plan (LUP); amend plan; District 4
8. Amending Orange County Code, pertaining to Neighborhood Stabilization Program
9. Amending Orange County Code, Chapter 38, pertaining to Village Planned Development Code - 1st hearing