• Invocation - District 5
• Presentation by the Florida Water Environment Association of awards
received by the Orange County Utilities Department
I. CONSENT AGENDA
II. DISCUSSION AGENDA
A. COUNTY COMMISSIONER'S REPORT
1. Commissioner Jacobs wishes to discuss the proposed St. Johns River Water Management District Consumptive Use Permit for Niagara Bottling LLC.
B. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR
1. Selection of two firms and one alternate to provide Continuing Professional Alternative Road Impact Fee and Monitoring Services, Request for Proposals Y8-910-CH, from the following three firms, listed alphabetically:
• GMB Engineers & Planners, Inc.
• HDR Engineering, Inc.
• Tindale-Oliver & Associates, Inc.
([Public Works Department Traffic Engineering Division] Purchasing and
Contracts Division) Page 163-166
2. Selection of one firm and two ranked alternates to provide Engineering Services for the South Water Reclamation Facility Phase V Improvements, Request for Proposals Y8-811-PH, from the following three firms, listed alphabetically:
• Black and Veatch Corporation
• Camp Dresser & McKee, Inc.
• Tetra Tech, Inc.
([Utilities Engineering Division] Purchasing and Contracts Division)
C. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
1. Acceptance of the updated FEMA 100-year floodplain elevations as depicted in the proposed FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps and authorization for County staff to implement the new FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps and modify the Orange County Floodplain Ordinance No. 87-21 accordingly. All Districts. (Stormwater Management)
Presentation of Employee Service Awards to: David C. Heath (25), County Administration; Noel Todd Krause (20), Operations, Convention Center; Johnny Shaw (20), In-Custody Security, Sheila Renee Montgomery (20), Professional Services; Corrections; Mitchell Gordon (25), Margaret G. Tyree (30), Zoning, Growth Management; Lenzo Murrel (35), David D. Gold (35), Traffic Engineering, Public Works. Recognition of Major Raul Banasco, In Custody Security Management, for heroism
July 17, 2008 Planning and Zoning Commission Recommendations
IV. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. Municipal Service Taxing Unit/Benefit Unit Public Hearing
1. Saracity Gardens, establish for road improvements; District 3
B. Substantial Change Public Hearings
2. Applicant: Mike Burkhead of APG Tower Ventures, LLC., Avalon Park
Planned Development (PD) Land Use Plan (LUP); amend plan; District 4
3. Applicant: David Kelly, P.E., Keene's Pointe Planned Development -
Keene's Pointe Preliminary Subdivision; amend plan; District 1
4. Applicant: Eric Lagassey of Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc., Pavilion at Sand Lake (PD) Land Use Plan (LUP); amend plan; District 6
C. Preliminary Subdivision Plan Public Hearing
5. Pavilion at Sand Lake Planned Development - Lots 1-9 Tracts A-E Preliminary Subdivision, District 6
6. Falcone-Monk Planned Development - Falcone-Monk Preliminary
Subdivision, District 1
D. Substantial Change Public Hearings
7. Applicant: Chad Lang of El Shaddai Christian Church Inc., Meadow
Woods Planned Development (PD) Land Use Plan (LUP); amend plan;
8. Applicant: John Percy of Glatting, Jackson, Kercher, Anglin, Inc., World
Gateway Planned Development (PD) Land Use Plan (LUP); amend plan;
9. Applicant: David Evans of Evans Engineering, Inc., Zellwood Station
Planned Development (PD) Land Use Plan (LUP); amend plan; District 2
E. Substantial Change Public Hearing
10. Applicant: Steve Mellich of Mellich-Blenden Engineering, Inc., Estates at Wekiva Planned Development Estates at Wekiva Preliminary Subdivision and the Termination of Joint Use Stormwater Retention Area Agreement; District 2
F. Roadway Conceptual Analysis Public Hearing
11. Public Works Engineering, Study for the Wetherbee Road Design Build Project from Balcombe Road to Orange Avenue, District 4
V. PUBLIC COMMENT*