They spread disease and must be controlled. We use the latest technology and methods including:
- Truck-mounted spraying with insecticides approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and State of Florida.
- Surveillance using 27 special traps checked 3 times per week to identify the types of mosquitoes and estimate population size.
- Daily inspection and treatment of breeding sites.
- Public education on prevention of mosquito-borne diseases.
Mosquito bites are a potential threat to your health. Here are some of the diseases they transmit:
- West Nile virus (WNV).
- St. Louis Encephalitis (SLE).
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE).
- Dengue Fever.