Hours of Operation:
Summer hours: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. / Winter: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday - Saturday
Museum & Pioneer Homes: Tuesday - Sunday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.; historic structures closed on Mondays and County holidays.
Phone Number: (407) 254-9310
1300 Fort Christmas RD
Christmas, FL 32709
Points of Interest:
The park includes a replica of a fort built in 1837 during the Second Seminole Indian War; a traditional Florida "Cracker" house and eight pioneer homes; a schoolhouse and lunchroom; a sugar cane mill and other historical farming equipment. Group and school tours are available. Sorry, no pets allowed in the park.
Orange County Parks' signature events at Fort Christmas Historical Park
- Agricultural Fest:: February 2, 2019, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., featuring Barbeque Chicken and Rib Cook Off for 4-H and FFA chapters, Cattle Battle exhibition of steer and Heifers (entry fee required), and Chicken Pickin' competition (entry fee required); cost: free event.
- Bluegrass & Backyard BBQ Festival: March 2019; $75 fee per BBQ team, free event for the public.
- Militia Encampment: April 2019, historic program 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.; cost: free event.
- FARM: Florida Agriculture Resources Matter: October 2019, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., cost: $6 per person.
- Backyard Cattle 101, November 2019, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., cost: free event.
- Militia Encampment, November 2019, historic program 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.; cost: free event.
- 42nd Annual Cracker Christmas: December 7 - 8, 2019, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; cost: free event.