Hours of Operation:
Summer hours: 8am-8pm Sunday - Saturday; Winter: 8am-6pm.
Museum & Pioneer Homes: Tuesday - Sunday 9am- 4pm; historic structures closed on Mondays and County holidays.
Phone Number: (407) 254-9310
1300 Fort Christmas RD
Christmas, FL 32709
Points of Interest:
The park includes a replica of a fort built in 1837 during the Second Seminole Indian War; a traditional Florida "Cracker" house and eight pioneer homes; a schoolhouse and lunchroom; a sugar cane mill and other historical farming equipment. Group and school tours are available. Sorry, no pets allowed in the park.
Orange County Parks' signature events at Fort Christmas Historical Park
- Bluegrass & Backyard BBQ Festival: March 24, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.; $75 registration fee per BBQ team (register by March 16), free event for the public.
- Militia Encampment: April 7-8, historic program 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.; free event.
- Militia Encampment: November 17-18, historic program 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.; free event.
- 41st Annual Cracker Christmas: December 2018, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; free event.
- Agricultural Fest: January 2019, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., featuring Barbeque Chicken and Rib Cook Off for 4-H and FFA chapters, Cattle Battle exhibition of steer and Heifers (entry fee required), and Chicken Picken competition (entry fee required); free event.