Hours of Operation:
Summer hours: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. / Winter: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday - Saturday
Museum & Pioneer Homes: Tuesday - Sunday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.; historic structures closed on Mondays and County holidays.
Phone Number: (407) 254-9310
1300 Fort Christmas RD
Christmas, FL 32709
Points of Interest:
The park includes a replica of a fort built in 1837 during the Second Seminole Indian War; a traditional Florida "Cracker" house and eight pioneer homes; a schoolhouse and lunchroom; a sugar cane mill and other historical farming equipment. Group and school tours are available. Sorry, no pets allowed in the park.
Orange County Parks' signature events at Fort Christmas Historical Park
- Militia Encampment, November 23 - 24, historic program 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.; cost: free event.
- 42nd Annual Cracker Christmas: December 7 - 8, 2019, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; cost: free event.
- Agricultural Fest: February 1, 2020, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., featuring Barbeque Chicken and Rib Cook Off for 4-H and FFA chapters. Cattle Battle exhibition of steer and Heifers, with cash prizes and showmanship buckles; Peewee ages 4–7 and vintage showmanship classes offered (entry fee required). Chicken Pickin' youth poultry show competition (entry fee required). Cost: free event.
- Bluegrass Festival & Backyard BBQ Contest: March 2020, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., cost: free; bring chairs, blankets and a picnic or purchase from food trucks.
- Militia Encampment, April 2020, historic program 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.; cost: free event.
- FARM: Florida Agriculture Resources Matter: October 2020, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., cost: $6 per person. Learn about how our natural resources provide your clothing,
housing and more at F.A.R.M.! Visit Agriculture Commodity stations, including Beef Cattle, Dairy, Strawberries, Forestry, Poultry, Wildlife, Fish, Horses, Vegetables, Flowers and more. Call the park to register in advance. Food concessions will be available or bring a picnic.
- Fun on the Farm is a fun, two-hour agriculture-focused educational program for ages 4 - 10. Participants will make crafts pertaining to cows, recycling, fruits and vegetables while learning about them. Afterwards enjoy touring the Fort and Pioneer homes. Cost: $4 per person per session.