Hours of Operation:
Sunday 1 p.m. - 8 p.m., Monday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Phone Number: (407) 254-1066
99 E Marks ST
Orlando, FL 32803
Points of Interest:
View our CALENDAR of PROGRAMS, CLASSES and EVENTS!
Enjoy a variety of senior activities and group events, including:
- Balance class helps you maintain a high level of balance and mobility, essential to healthy aging, gain a better understanding of your current balance ability and improve your balance through specifically designed exercises. This free program is held Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 - 11 a.m.
- Billiards -- a game played on a rectangular table with six pockets -- is available to play for free during the Recreation Complex's regular hours, Sunday through Saturday.
- Blood pressure and glucose checks are available every second Monday of the months, 9 - 11 a.m. These free services are provided by the Bayanihan International ladies Association.
- Bridge, the challenging card game, is held on Mondays 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. (ages 55+ only), cost: free.
- Canasta (Spanish for "basket") is a free card game played here on Thursdays 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Classic Games is a free program that includes playing Rummikub, Mahjong, Pinochle and Bridge. Join in the fun on Fridays 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Dancing Dragon Kung Fu, offered on Wednesdays 6 - 8 p.m. for ages 18 and older, is a melding of Wing Chun, Xing-Yi, Ba Gua Zhang, Tai Ji Chuen and Escrima. Experience the benefits of regular practice: exercise, coordination, stamina, flexibility, strength and gaining skills in self-defense. Cost: $10 per session; please dress for a workout: casual clothes and no jewelry.
- Fitness Center Membership is available for ages 55 and older for just $10 per year. The Fitness Center has exercise bikes, treadmills, ellipticals and weights, and is open during daily business hours. ID badges must be worn at all times. Ask staff for a copy of the Fitness Center Membership Information.
- Hand and Foot card game is a free activity offered every Tuesday 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. in the Magnolia Room.
- Healthy Meals in 30 Minutes is a program that teaches you how to prep and serve a meal in 30 minutes
the healthy way. Join the class on the first and third Tuesdays of each month, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. Cost: $5 per person; participants must register and seating is limited.
- Let's Move with Waleska is a fun, upbeat, aerobics class for seniors that offers different activities each week to keep you on your toes and keep your body moving! This free workout class is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30 - 10:15 a.m.
- Line Dancing will improve your movement skills while socializing with others. Classes held on Tuesdays 12 - 1:30 p.m. and Fridays 1 - 2:30 p.m. Cost: donations appreciated.
- Lunch-n-Learn provides information for seniors 55 and older and a free light lunch! Lectures include information that affects you, such as the Affordable Healthcare for America Act, nutrition, financial investments and long-term care; please call our staff to register in advance and for topic details.
- Monday Bridge is a free program for seniors 55 and older on Mondays 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Bring your lunch and tell stories while playing the game. Sign up in advance by calling 407-671-8098.
- Pen, Pencil and Brush: Open Art can inspire and improve your art skills. Collaborate and share ideas,
artwork styles, skills, techniques, and knowledge with others interested in art! Basic supplies will be provided. No experience is required for this free class.
- Senior Cardio Kick is kickboxing for seniors that focuses
on cardio, health, strength and overall coordination (equipment provided). Classes offered Tuesdays and Thursdays 5 - 5:45 p.m., and Wednesdays and Fridays 12 - 1 p.m. at no charge.
- Senior Craft Market is a craft market hosted by seniors
on the first Tuesday of each month 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Seniorcise is an exercise class consisting of mainly sit-down exercises, with some limited standing exercises and stretches. Focus is on the five major components
of physical fitness: flexibility, cardio, muscle strength, muscle endurance and body composition. This free fitness class is offered Mondays and Wednesdays 9:30 - 10:15 a.m.
- Spinning is an indoor stationary cycling class that can provide an excellent low-impact workout for exercisers
at all fitness levels. Bring your own towel and be ready to have fun! This free program is held on Tuesdays 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and Thursdays 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. (a release form must be signed in order to participate).
- Step Aerobics for seniors 55 and older will help improve cardio fitness, balance, strength and coordination. This free class is held on Fridays 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. and Saturdays 10 - 11 a.m.
- Strength Training exercises are designed to tone and shape your muscles. Seniors age 55 and older can start building and regaining strength at any age! This free program is held Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Strolling for Pleasure for seniors 55 and older is a three-mile walk along the Orlando Urban Trail on Fridays 9 - 10 a.m. -- walk at your own pace.
- Tai Ji Chi Gung has many benefits to be gained by people of all ages and physical capabilities with practice.
This internal/external exercise tones and strengthens the body, develops flexibility, balance, coordination, and mental focus. As meditation and exercise it is a method for dealing with stress and developing the inner psyche. Cost: $10 per month, per class, open to ages 18 and older (please dress for a workout: casual clothes and no jewelry).
- Texas Hold 'Em card game is a free, open recreation program, held on Mondays and Wednesdays 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Yoga classes, for ages 18 and older, combine yoga poses, range of motion exercises, balance work, and strength-building techniques to help you live the best and most mobile life. Aging doesn’t have to mean hurting, falling and missing out on things you used to do. Let’s stay strong and flexible together! All levels welcome. Classes held Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:15 - 10:30 a.m. Cost: $8 per person per class.
- Your Active City Seniors Dance features live music performed by a band every Friday 7 - 9:30 p.m. Cost: $5 per member or $6 per non-member. Ballroom attire requested and refreshments served.
Seniors Now is an organization that provides computer training for seniors. Click here for more information.