Summer 6:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. / Winter 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday - Saturday
Orange County closed its boat ramps in response to Hurricane Ian on September 30, 2022, due to a Lake Advisory. The Lake Advisory was based on high water levels, possible underwater debris, potential of water contamination due to flooding, and prevention of property damage.
Procedures established after Hurricane Ian call for Orange County operated boat ramps to be closed if above Normal High-Water Elevations. Since then, based on historical data and the hydrological conditions of the Butler Chain of Lakes, procedures have been updated for Orange County boat ramps on the Butler Chain of Lakes. This changes the threshold for high water level closures and requests boaters to reduce wake near shorelines and canals, allowing for the boat ramps on the Butler Chain of Lakes to open.
Therefore, we are pleased to inform you the Orange County Boat ramps on the Butler Chain of Lakes will be open starting March 22, 2023. Facility hours of operations and rules apply. We ask that all who visit the Butler Chain of Lakes observe common safe boating practices:Mind your Wake! Use caution and reduced speed to minimize wake near shorelines and structures.
Obey all Uniform Waterway Regulatory Markers.
Be courteous to others and slow down!
Help us keep the ramp and lakes safe for you and future generations!
R.D. Keene Park has two soccer fields available for a rental fee of $15/hour, a large covered playground, and picnic areas. To make a reservation, please call the park directly at 407-254-1940; leave a detailed message if you reach voicemail. Please note that Orange County Parks and Recreation requires 30 days or more to schedule and complete payment and paperwork for all rentals.
Boat Ramp Information
- Located on beautiful Lake Isleworth, R.D. Keene Park's boat ramp offers public access to the Butler Chain of Lakes. The boat ramp has parking for up to 49 vehicles and trailers. When the boat ramp reaches parking capacity, the entry gate will CLOSE and re-open after 2 p.m. No waiting or “drop and go” will be allowed.
- User fees are as follows: vehicles with trailers and motorized watercraft, $5 per day (pay with exact change or check at the ramp); vehicles only, free; vehicles with non-motorized watercraft, free; and boat ramp annual pass, $150 (see below).
- The annual recreation or business pass must be purchased at Tibet-Butler Preserve's office. Office hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m.-12 p.m. on Saturdays; office is closed on Sundays.
- ALL FISHING TOURNAMENTS AND GROUPS/CLUBS: please contact the Tibet-Butler Preserve office (407-254-1940) to schedule and register your event. Event fee and liability insurance is required.
- Public Boat Ramp Commercial Operations Guideline
- Public Boat Ramp Ordinance No. 2020-11