The Trails Master Plan Virtual Public Outreach Meeting #2
is online at www.OcflTrailsPlan.com
now through Tuesday, May 25. The purpose of this study was to develop a safe, scenic and visitor-friendly system of trails and provide outdoor recreation and active transportation options. Explore the virtual meeting room, which presents the results of the survey completed in September 2020 and maps of the overall trail system and individual trails: Avalon Trail, Cady Way Trail, Clarcona-Ocoee Connector Trail, Horizon West Trail, Innovation Way Trail, Lake Apopka Loop Trail, Little Econ Greenway, Pine Hills Trail, Shingle Creek Trail and West Orange Trail.
A construction detour will be in place beginning the week of March 15 until further notice. The trail will be closed in the area of Plant Street and 9th Street in Winter Garden, with a temporary trail constructed while the wooden bridge is removed and replaced. Signs will be in place for directions.
West Orange Trail Map
Be Trail Smart: Follow These Guidelines
- Trails are open from sunrise to sunset.
- Plan your route and inform others of your destination.
- Buddy up: travel with a friend.
- Carry a cell phone so you can communicate and access trail maps.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not use head phones.
- Helmets are required by law for all bicyclists under age 16 and are recommended for everyone.
- Bicycles must follow all traffic laws of the State of Florida and obey all traffic controls and signals (Florida Statutes 316.2065). All users must yield at crossings and intersections.
- Give a clear warning signal when passing.
- Stay to the right except when passing.
- Use the nearest yellow Emergency Response System Marker to pinpoint your location. Call 911 for emergencies. Call 311 for information and to report non-emergency issues.
- Bicyclists, skaters and skateboarders must maintain control and yield to walkers and runners. Using skateboards, bikes and skates on any fixture other than the trail is prohibited.
- Pets must be controlled on a leash no greater than 6 feet. Owners are required to clean up after their pets.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Notice of consent to inspection: Every person entering an Orange County Park, upon request by an enforcement officer shall exhibit the contents of any container. Compliance with such a request is a condition of entry to a Park (Orange County Code Sections 29-56 & 29-57).
- No motorized vehicles except law enforcement, emergency responders and maintenance vehicles. Electric mobility devices are permitted by persons with mobility related disabilities.
Multi-Use Trail Guidelines
- Bicyclists, skaters and skateboarders must be in control and yield to horseback riders, walkers and runners.
- When meeting horseback riders, slow down and move along side of the trail.
- When passing horses from behind, speak in a normal voice and announce your presence.
- Horseback riders must be in control at all times.
- Horseback riders must yield before crossing a paved trail.
- Stay on open trails and respect private property. Leave no trace and never scare animals.
Bike rentals are available on the West Orange Trail at:
Killarney Station in Oakland
West Orange Trail Bikes and Blades 407-877-0600
17914 SR 438, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Winter Garden Station
Wheelworks 407-877-7433 or Rentals@wgwheelworks.com
455 E. Plant St., Winter Garden, FL 34787
Open Tuesday through Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.