HOW DO I REGISTER FOR EVACUATION HELP IF I HAVE SPECIAL NEEDS?
Call the Orange County Citizens Line by dialing 311 or 407-836-3111. A live specialist will assist you in registering by phone or you can request a registration form. Be sure to keep your information current.
ELIGIBILITY & REGISTRATION
Any Orange County resident who meets the established eligibility criteria may register. Registration can be obtained by calling or visiting one of the following:
- Visiting the Orange County Government website at www.ocfl.net/ems and downloading the registration form
- Contacting The Orange County Citizens Line by dialing 311 or 407-836-3111
- Asking your Home Health Agency to register you
- Asking your Hospice Agency to register you
- Asking your Medical Equipment Supplier to register you
- Asking your Senior Social Service Agency to register you
Information collected during the registration process is confidential by law and will only be given to specific emergency personnel.
WHERE WILL I GO IF I MUST EVACUATE MY HOME?
Orange County has designated Special Needs Shelter sites throughout the County. Decisions on which of these shelter sites are opened are determined by County officials.
WHAT SHOULD I TAKE IF I DECIDE TO GO TO A SHELTER?
- Your caregiver(s), if you have one
- Identification and Medical Information cards
- Medications (including non-prescription medicines)
- Medical equipment/supplies (portable oxygen, concentrator, diabetes testing kit, nebulizer, walker, hearing aids, eyeglasses, etc.)
- Blanket and pillow
- Change of clothing and personal hygiene items
- Special dietary foods/snacks, if needed
- Mobile phone charger, if needed
- A book, magazine or something to occupy your time while you wait for the storm to pass
CAN I BRING MY PET?
Service animals and ordinary domestic household pets are welcome at Special Needs Shelters. No reptiles will be allowed in shelters.
CAN I SHELTER AT A HOSPITAL?
Hospitals do not provide shelter; instead you should go to a designated Red Cross or Special Needs Shelter.