Follow us on Twitter: @OrangeCoParksFL and on Orange County, Florida Government’s Facebook events page.
- Wednesday, August 24: Morgran Property/Future Park In-Person Meeting #1, 6-7 p.m., at Avalon Park Property Owners Association, 13401 Tanja King Blvd., Orlando. The Orange County Parks and Recreation Division and District 4 Commissioner Maribel Gomez Cordero invite you to attend the first in-person community meeting for the 20-acre Morgran Property (a future park). Visit the Morgran Property web page for more information: Tinyurl.com/MorgranProperty; the amenities survey link will be posted on the web page closer to the meeting date.
Fish4Fun: a free catch-and-release fishing event for ages 12 and younger takes place at four parks (see below – children can participate in any or all four events); each on-site registration starts at 7:30 a.m.; fishing tournament 8-10 a.m.; and winners recognized 10-11 a.m. We encourage family and friends to fish with their registered child and to bring your own fishing gear if you have it; supplies will be offered to registered children, while supplies last. Questions? Email email@example.com or call Parks Special Events 407-836-6249.
- Saturday, September 10: Blanchard Park, 2451 N. Dean Rd., Orlando
- Saturday, September 17: Bear Creek Recreation Complex, 1600 Bear Crossing Dr., Orlando
- Saturday, September 24: Barnett Park, 4801 W. Colonial Dr., Orlando
- Sunday, September 25: Bithlo Park, 18501 Washington Ave., Orlando