Hours of Operation:
Park summer hours: Sunday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Winter: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Rec Center: Sunday 1 p.m. - 8 p.m., Monday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Phone Number: (407) 254-9092
3850 S Econlockhatchee TRL
Orlando, FL 32829
Points of Interest:
View our CALENDAR of PROGRAMS, CLASSES & EVENTS!
- Create lasting memories at South Econ Recreation Center's Let’s Glow Crazy! Daddy - Daughter Dance -- held next door at Renaissance Senior Center's Ballroom -- for daughters in Kindergarten through 6th grade, on Saturday, February 29, 6-9 p.m. Cost in advance is $25 per couple and $10 per additional daughter (includes photo, space is limited), or $35 per couple and $10 per additional daughter on the day of the event, if event is not full. Dinner and refreshments provided by LongHorn Steakhouse. Bring your camera to capture those special moments! For details call 407-254-9092 or visit www.OrangeCountyParks.net.
Youth Sports and Programs
Adult Sports and Programs
- Alphabet Soup is for 2- to 4-year-old children and their parents, with classes held Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 – 11:30 a.m. The program teaches children the alphabet, numbers, shapes, fine motor skills and colors; parents help their children participate in fun activities, including arts and crafts, toddler games and dancing with music, while learning essentials to promote education while at home. Alphabet Soup is geared to teach children to build social skills, helping them develop the skills necessary for pre-school. Parent must be present and participate during every class. Birth certificate required at registration (child must be two years old as of September 1); cost: $30 per child per session.
- Session 5 – January 28 – February 27: registration January 20 until full.
- Session 6 – March 3 – April 9: registration open February 17 until full.
- Brite Star Twirlers provides lessons for baton twirling, poms, dance and ribbons for youth ages five and older, no experience necessary! Program held on Tuesdays, Level 1 meets 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. and Level 2 meets 6 - 7 p.m. Cost: $5 per person per class.
- Home School P.E. for grades K – 5th, designed to help home-schooled children stay active and learn the basics of sports and fitness, is offered on Thursdays, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., from January 9 – May 14, 2020 (no class on 3/19/20). Registration opens December 19, until full. Cost: $36/student, birth certificate required.
- Parents Night Out (grades K - 5th) allows you to drop off your child for a fun evening of activities, snacks, games and crafts. Pre-registration is required -- register early to save your spot; cost: $10 per child. The program is held on the following Fridays 6 - 10 p.m.:
- March 13: Sports Madness: Wear your favorite team jersey!
- April 10: Let’s Glow to the Beach: Wear your best beach and glow gear!
- May 8: Superhero Night: Dress like your favorite superhero!
- Spring Break Camp Scooter registration for grades K - 5th is open through March 8 or until full (first come, first served) for March 13, 16,17, 18, 19 & 20; actual fee $96 (discounts apply).
- Toddlers in Motion, for ages 3 and 4, is held on Thursdays 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The program teaches children basic sports skills, team play and sportsmanship. Pre-registration and birth certificate required; cost: $10 per child per session.
- Session 4 - Soccer, January 30, 2020 – February 27, registration open January 13 until full.
- Session 5 - Flag Football, March 5 – April 9, registration open February 10 until full.
- Wing Chun Kung Fu teaches self-defense through this ancient art. This hour-long class will enhance self-confidence and increase attention span, alertness and physical health. Program held on Wednesdays 6 - 7 p.m.; cost: $10 per person per class (ask about monthly fee).
- Youth Flag Football spring registration is open now through February 24 at Bithlo Park, Goldenrod Recreation Center and South Econ Recreation Center for ages 7/8, 9/10 and 11/12. League plays at Econ Soccer Complex on Wednesdays, March 4 – May 6. Cost is $55 per child ($20 out-of-county fee applies).
- Youth Fitness Membership is available for free for ages 8 – 17 or currently enrolled as a high school senior: gymnasium and game room – assigned times. Parents must fill out a registration form and a school ID is required when you register.
- Youth Volleyball spring registration for ages 9 – 17 is open now through March 14; league plays Saturdays, March 28 – May 16. Cost: $55 per person ($20 out-of-county fee applies).
- Fitness Center Memberships are $100 per year for ages 16 - 54 or $25 for 90 days; $75 per year for ages 55+ and active military. Membership includes access to fitness area and assigned times for gymnasium and game room. (Individual fitness classes are paid separately and do not require membership.)
- Badminton is the fastest racket sport and the second most-played game in the world. Come play and find out why badminton is so popular! Program held Thursdays 6 - 8:50 p.m.; cost: $4 per person per session or $20 for five sessions.
- Forte Fitness provides an intense, full body workout that will burn calories up to 48 hours after the session; bring yoga/exercise mat, towel and set of dumbbells comfortable for movement. Program is for ages 16 and older and is held Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. and Saturdays 8 - 9 a.m.; cost: ask about membership options.
- Jazzercise Dance Mixx can torch fat, sculpt lean muscle and crush calories with a high-intensity workout that
mixes dance-based cardio with strength training. Fresh pulse-pounding music and body-blasting moves bring the intensity to transform your body, boost your mood and
ignite your energy. Program held Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.; cost: $43 per month for unlimited classes
or $5 per person per class.
- Moxie Mamas Fitness is an innovative stroller fitness program that helps moms regain or enhance pre-pregnancy fitness levels and meet the physical challenges of parenting by emphasizing strength and interval training
in a supportive environment. Classes are 60 minutes long. Program held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9:30 a.m. and Wednesdays 6:15 p.m. Cost: first class free; fee varies per class (membership options available).
- Pickleball is a racquet sport that combines elements of badminton, tennis and table tennis. Come play with us and find out why pickleball is so popular! Join in the fun on Tuesdays and Thursdays 8 - 10 a.m. Cost: included with fitness center membership or $10 per day.
- Sunday Volleyball, open to ages 14 and older, is held Sundays 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Participation is organized by signing up on the waiting list online and by obtaining a confirmation email that reads “You are now confirmed – see you at the event” (email comes from the specific group hosting the volleyball session that week, as soon as space is available).
- Sessions for players of all levels.
- Sessions for players who play advanced level (team experience).
- Once confirmed, please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out a Registration form at the front desk before participating. Walk-ins without a confirmation email are subject to space availability.
For Renaissance Senior Center, call 407-254-9070.