Our Internship Program
Our internship program is designed to attract, develop and retain innovative individuals who want to make a difference in local government. We want you to gain hands-on experience to build a solid foundation for the future. With the wide range of careers we offer, every effort will be made to place you in the specific job field that is directly related to your major field of study.
Under the direction of a senior staff member, you will carry out research and analysis projects on a variety of issues important to Orange County. You may participate in administrative and citizen committees, community service events, or attend Board meetings. You may also attend local and regional professional meetings and conferences during the year where you will network with government employees throughout the nation.
Our mission is to serve the citizens of Orange County and our guests with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. We are committed to engaging our citizens in the decision making process in order to earn their trust and improve our quality of life.
Our Core Values
At Orange County we pride ourselves in serving the public. Exceptional public service is our motto. We are looking for individuals who are ready to serve and make the difference. We subscribe to these values:
- Fairness: Serve the public with fairness and honesty.
- Work Ethic: Work hard and give your best every day.
- Integrity and Character: Maintain the highest ethical standards and display respect for the County, your co-workers and the public.
- Excellence and Innovation: Provide efficient and cost effective services. New ideas are welcome and encouraged.
- Professionalism and Accountability: Take pride in serving the public and in yourself. Deliver measurable results that matter.
Who can apply?
You must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at an accredited college or university. We recommend that you are in your junior year of college or working towards an advance graduate degree. Other criteria includes:
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- In good academic standing
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Computer applications knowledge
- Community service and/or extracurricular activities experience
How to Apply?
Check our job listing for current internship opportunities and submit your application online.
We also accept applications year-round for opportunities that arise on an as-needed basis. Your application will remain on file for one year. Should an opportunity occur for which you qualify, we will contact you for availability and a possible interview.
If you’re selected for an internship opportunity, you will need to:
- Complete a pre-employment physical, drug test and background check
- Register for selective service if you are required to do so
- Sign up for direct deposit by the first day on the job
Examples of Job Fields Available
- Accounting and Finance
- Computer Science/Information Technology
- Graphic Design
- Web Development
Orange County Employment Center
450 E. South Street, 1st Floor
Orlando, FL 32802
Phone: (407) 836-5661
Service Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
All e-mail sent to this address becomes part of Orange County public record. Comments received by our e-mail subsystem can be read by anyone who requests that privilege. In compliance with "Government in the Sunshine" laws, Orange County Government must make available, at request, any and all information not deemed a threat to the security of law enforcement agencies and personnel.