Do I qualify?
You must be a legal resident of Orange County and have a gross household income no more than 150% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. View Income Guideline Chart
*These Figures are based on the FY 2022 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Guideline published in the Federal Register on January 12, 2022.
You Will Need:
For eligibility, you must submit the following required documents with the energy bill assistance application:
- Copy of Photo Identification of the applicant
- Copy of Social Security Cards for all household members (Other documents can be presented if card(s) are not available)
- Current Utility Bill (proof of utility obligation)
- Proof of Income for all household members (proof of income may be but not limited to):
- Copy of pay stubs for last 30 days
- Copies of award letters from Social Security, SSI, SSDI, VA, TANF/Wages, etc.
- Letter or print-out from employer(s)
- W-2 (tax forms)
- Statement of financial support from family, friends or other agencies
- Self-Declaration of income statement (signed) Self Declaration Form
- Certification letter from Section 8/HUD/Orlando Housing Authority showing amounts of monthly Utility Allowance, Reimbursement or proof of Flat Rent. (Applicants must pay the monthly utility amount(s) prior to LIHEAP determining eligibility)
- Copy of Food Stamps Award Letter (if applicable)
Notice: The FASTRACK application portal will be temporarily under maintenance
October 31st - November 4, 2022, and the portal will be unavailable to accept any applications during this period.
How to Apply for Energy Bill Assistance
You may apply by completing the FASTRACK ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ASSISTANCE, sign the application and upload all required documents from the document list above. All required documents must be uploaded at the time of the online application submission for consideration of services. Any incomplete applications without proper documentation will not be processed.
Due to COVID-19, our offices are not conducting face-to-face interviews. Fastrack Online Application available Monday – Wednesdays from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. You may contact our office for alternative ways to apply.
Important Notice: Due to the overwhelming number of applications received, starting July 25, 2022 limited applications will be accepted. The Fastrack online application has been replaced with a new application effective July 25, 2022. To be considered for assistance, all online applications submitted for assistance are required to be submitted through the link provided on this page under the new application. Any applications attempted to be submitted not using the new link and new application will be determined invalid for assistance consideration.
How to Apply for Water Bill Assistance
The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) provides income-eligible Orange County households with financial assistance towards a wide range of water-utility costs. These utility costs include water-service restoration, future and past-due billing obligations, and water-related emergencies.
To qualify for LIHWAP, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen, qualified documented resident, or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be a resident of Orange County, Florida
- Be responsible for paying the household’s water or wastewater bills
- Meet the above-mentioned financial-eligibility guidelines, which depend on total household income and the number of individuals residing in the home
To apply for LIHWAP water assistance, Orange County residents can complete the LIHWAP Application provided here. (Application Form) Once completed, residents should print the application and mail the application with all supporting documents to:
Community Action Division
Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)
2100 E. Michigan St.
Orlando, FL 32806