The Safe Neighborhood Program helps residents fight crime in nine targeted communities including:
- Azalea Park Safe Neighborhood - District 3
- Lee Road Safe Neighborhood - Districts 2 & 5
- Pine Castle Safe Community Preservation Association - District 3
- Pine Hills Safe Neighborhood Partnership - Districts 2 & 6
- South Apopka Safe Neighborhood - District 2
- Tildenville Safe Neighborhood - District 1
- South Goldenrod Safe Neighborhood Action Plan - District 3
- South Orange Blossom Trail Safe Neighborhood (Directed by Orange Blossom Trail Development Board) - District 6
Orange County staff administers the plan along with members of the community. Safe Neighborhood residents must participate and help determine projects that will be most effective at addressing crime and other issues that are adversely affecting the community.
Non-Profit Safety Grants provide money to fight crime in areas outside Safe Neighborhood designations.
For more information about the Safe Neighborhood Program, please contact the Safe Neighborhood Program Coordinator at (407) 836-5606 or go to the Safe Neighborhood Website.