Hours of Operation:
Summer hours: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. / Winter: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday - Saturday
Museum & Pioneer Homes: Tuesday - Sunday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.; historic structures closed on Mondays and County holidays.
Phone Number: (407) 254-9310
1300 Fort Christmas RD
Christmas, FL 32709
Points of Interest:
The park includes a replica of a fort built in 1837 during the Second Seminole Indian War; a traditional Florida "Cracker" house and eight pioneer homes; a schoolhouse and lunchroom; a sugar cane mill and other historical farming equipment. Group and school tours are available. Sorry, no pets allowed in the park.
Orange County Parks' signature events at Fort Christmas Historical Park
- Bluegrass Festival & Backyard BBQ Contest: Saturday, March 30, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., cost: free; bring chairs, blankets and a picnic or purchase from food trucks.
- Backyard BBQ team registration is $75 per team (maximum of 15 teams; team could not have won a cash prize in a previous BBQ contest or been compensated as a professional restaurant or caterer). Categories are chicken and St. Louis-style pork ribs. Overall prize is $400 and Reserve Overall Prize is $250; category winners receive $150 per chicken and ribs. Call the park's staff at 407-254-9312 for rules and an entry form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join in the Hog Callin' and Spouse Callin' contests by registering at the event.
- Militia Encampment: April 6 - 7, historic program 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.; cost: free event.
- FARM: Florida Agriculture Resources Matter: October 2019, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., cost: $6 per person.
- Backyard Cattle 101, November 2019, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., cost: free event.
- Militia Encampment, November 23 - 24, historic program 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.; cost: free event.
- 42nd Annual Cracker Christmas: December 7 - 8, 2019, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; cost: free event.
- Agricultural Fest: February 2020, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., featuring Barbeque Chicken and Rib Cook Off for 4-H and FFA chapters, Cattle Battle exhibition of steer and Heifers (entry fee required), and Chicken Pickin' competition (entry fee required); cost: free event.