Hours of Operation:
Summer hours: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. / Winter: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday - Saturday
Museum & Pioneer Homes: Tuesday - Sunday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.; historic structures closed on Mondays and County holidays.
Phone Number: (407) 254-9310
1300 Fort Christmas RD
Christmas, FL 32709
Points of Interest:
With the exception of service animals, no pets are permitted in Fort Christmas Historical Park.
The park includes a replica of a fort built in 1837 during the Second Seminole Indian War; a traditional Florida "Cracker" house and eight pioneer homes; a schoolhouse and lunchroom; a sugar cane mill and other historical farming equipment. Group and school tours are available. Sorry, no pets allowed in the park.
Orange County Parks' signature events at Fort Christmas Historical Park
- Cowboy and Cowgirl Reunion: January 25, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Cowboys and cowgirls should bring old stories, jokes, pictures and memorabilia to share; guests will learn pioneer history from long-time residents of east Orange County! Bring a covered dish and dessert to share for an old-fashioned picnic; paper goods and iced tea will be provided.
- Agricultural Fest: February 1, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., featuring Barbeque Chicken and Rib Cook Off for 4-H and FFA chapters. Cattle Battle exhibition of steer and Heifers, with cash prizes and showmanship buckles; Peewee ages 4–7 and vintage showmanship classes offered (entry fee required). Chicken Pickin' youth poultry show competition (entry fee required). Cost: free event.
- Florida Living History Festival: February 5 - 6, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.; cost: $8 per person (cash or check only). Teachers should call 407-254-9312 to schedule for a specific date; walk-ins are welcome! Experience the 1400s – 1800s: Colonial Spanish - English camp, pirate camp, musket drills, Timucuan Indians, Florida cow hunters, early skills demonstrations, Union and Confederate Civil War soldiers, Seminole War era, 1837 fort and soldiers, cannon firing, blacksmithing, gaming area and buy goods at the Trading Post. For a small fee, learn Native American skills!
- Bluegrass Festival: March 28, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., cost: free; bring chairs, blankets and a picnic or purchase from food trucks. Join in the fun Hog Calling and Spouse Calling contests by registering at the event!
- Militia Encampment, April 2020, historic program 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.; cost: free event.
- FARM: Florida Agriculture Resources Matter: October 2020, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., cost: $6 per person. Learn about how our natural resources provide your clothing,
housing and more at F.A.R.M.! Visit Agriculture Commodity stations, including Beef Cattle, Dairy, Strawberries, Forestry, Poultry, Wildlife, Fish, Horses, Vegetables, Flowers and more. Call the park to register in advance. Food concessions will be available or bring a picnic.
- Militia Encampment, November 2020, historic program 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.; cost: free event.
- 43rd Annual Cracker Christmas: December 5 - 6, 2020, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; cost: free event.
- Fun on the Farm is a fun, two-hour agriculture-focused educational program for ages 4 - 10. Participants will make crafts pertaining to cows, recycling, fruits and vegetables while learning about them. Afterwards enjoy touring the Fort and Pioneer homes. Cost: $4 per person per session.