Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Office Hours Monday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., closed Sunday
Phone Number: (407) 254-1940
8777 Winter Garden - Vineland Rd.
Orlando, FL 32836
Points of Interest:
Trailblazers Update: Palmetto Passage is closed. All other trails are open but are saturated from recent rainfall.
Home of the Vera Carter Environmental Center which provides a variety of exhibits and displays. Hike on miles of trails and participate in ongoing environmental programs. No dogs or bicycles allowed.
- Join the Trailblazer Program: hike 20 miles in the Preserve and get a free T-shirt! Register at the Preserve's office when you visit.
- Bird Checklist
- EcoSaturdays are the perfect opportunity for a family outing to learn about the environment! Please note that adults must supervise their children through the duration of the class. Join us for these free programs at 11 a.m. on the following dates; classes are first come, first served up to class limit; seating is limited so please arrive early.
- May 25: Guided Hike -- Learn about Florida’s ecosystems, outdoor recreation, and more as we hike the trails. Come prepared to walk at least one mile; remember proper footwear, sunscreen and bug repellant. Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- June 22: Speak for the Trees -- Why do we need trees? This Lorax-inspired program will take you both inside and outside among the trees where you can appreciate these giant woody plants. Ages 4-6; limit 25
- June 29: Water’s Underground Journey -- Dive deep underneath Florida and discover aquifers, the underground rivers that create our natural springs and hold our drinking water. Discover how these springs were made and what you can do to keep your water clean. Ages 7 and up; limit 25
Tibet-Butler Preserve brochure
Tibet-Butler Preserve trail map