Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Office Hours Monday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., closed Sunday
Phone Number: (407) 254-1940
8777 Winter Garden - Vineland Rd.
Orlando, FL 32836
Points of Interest:
Trailblazers Update: Palmetto Passage is closed. All other trails are open but are saturated from recent rainfall.
Home of the Vera Carter Environmental Center which provides a variety of exhibits and displays. Hike on miles of trails and participate in ongoing environmental programs. No dogs or bicycles allowed.
- Join the Trailblazer Program: hike 20 miles in the Preserve and get a free T-shirt!
- Bird Checklist
- Eco Education Programs 2018-19
- Eco Saturdays are the perfect opportunity for a family outing to learn about the environment! Please note that adults must supervise their children through the duration of the class. Join us for these free programs at 11 a.m. on the following dates; classes are first come, first served up to class limit; seating is limited so please arrive early.
- March 23: Bird Watching Basics -- What kind of bird is that? All you need to get started birding are three simple things – binoculars, a field guide, and some bird watching basics! Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- March 30: Guided Hike -- Learn about Florida’s ecosystems as we hike the trails. Come prepared to walk at least one mile; remember proper footwear, sunscreen and bug repellant. Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- April 20: Eggstraordinary -- Spring is a season of new growth! Explore eggs from yolk to shell, see the eggs of some local birds, and decorate chicken eggs. Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- April 27 -- Actors Reaching Out presents The Tales of Shel Silverstein: April 22nd is Earth Day! Join our special guests, Actors Reaching Out, as they present an original program of songs and stories about nature and wildlife, based on the stories of Shel Silverstein. Then we will go for a short hike on the trails to learn about the history of our preserve, and the important reason we were established. All ages; limit 50
- May 18: Bees - The Honey Makers -- Investigate the world of honey bees! Learn about their complex social structure, life cycle and how honey is made. Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- May 25: Guided Hike -- Learn about Florida’s ecosystems, outdoor recreation, and more as we hike the trails. Come prepared to walk at least one mile; remember proper footwear, sunscreen and bug repellant. Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- June 22: Speak for the Trees -- Why do we need trees? This Lorax-inspired program will take you both inside and outside among the trees where you can appreciate these giant woody plants. Ages 4-6; limit 25
- June 29: Water’s Underground Journey -- Dive deep underneath Florida and discover aquifers, the underground rivers that create our natural springs and hold our drinking water. Discover how these springs were made and what you can do to keep your water clean. Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- Nature Nuts!, now through March 2019
- Tibet-Butler Preserve brochure
- Tibet-Butler Preserve trail map